Latest Dynamo versions simultaneously on Revit2015 and Revit2017

Hello!
I have a little problem with installing Dynamo 1.3. Our group has to work either in Revit 2015 or in Revit 2017 on the same machine. We use Dynamo 1.2.1 and it works fine on both versions of Revit. But when we try to update dynamo for Revit 2017, it completely removes Dynamo 1.2.1 and Revit 2015 has no Dynamo at all. Could you please give a piece of advice how to override such problem? We want to have the highest possible versions of Dynamo on both releases of Revit.

1 Like

Hi @architect.bim

Similar topic is discussed here

1 Like

Thanks for you reply, but this is a bit different problem. I need Dynamo 1.2.1 to work with revit 2015 and Dynamo 1.3 to work with Revit 2017 at the same time on one machine. I understand that the solution is to use only 1.2.1, but this means that I cannot keep my Dynamo on Revit 2017 up to date.

Then you have two choices:

1. Download the Dynamo source code and compile 1.3 for Revit 2015.

2. Have 1.2.1 and Revit 2015 installed for another user or image on your computer

Similar to the Revit development cycle, the Dynamo team will only support so many versions back. This is to keep development moving forward.

2 Likes

Thanks, John. I’ll try second one.

How did this go for you architect.bim? I want to be able to run 1.2 in 2015 and 1.3 in 2017 as well.

Hi! I have no opportunity either to compile Dynamo for Revit 2015 or to install it for another user or image (as we have strict instalation rules in our office). So, I have no positive results. I’ve asked several people and they say that solution is to either istall 1.2 on both versions of Revit or to install 0.9 + 1.3 (as 1.3 doesn’t kill 0.9).

That is unfortunate. Hopefully the dynamo team will make provisions for the latest supported versions to be installed in the respective versions at some point. I don’t know of any contractor that can migrate to the latest versions of revit as quickly as Autodesk releases them. This is really a bummer for the people (like you and me) that are forced to finish up some older projects that still run in 2015.

Has anyone successfully downloaded the Dynamo source code and compiled 1.3 for Revit 2015 per John’s recommendation? I am interested to hear more about the process. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I want to know if i can refresh the dynamo version wich is installed by default on Revit 2017? how canI do this?