Issue: Can´t use script from player if path is on network

So I just updated my Revit 2023 to the 2023.1.1 update and now when I try to run my Dynamo scripts from the player it gives the “The folder is not in a trusted location” message with the 2 buttons that say Yes, I trust it and the one that says No, remove it (see image).
I click on the Yes button but nothing happens. The message and buttons dont go away and I cant run my scripts (which are stored in a network location).
I can confirm this happened AFTER the .1.1 update. Before It worked fine.

Regards,
Paolo

2023-02-23 16_41_30-Dynamo Player

Hi Polmod,

Sorry this is happening to you. I just checked with Player version 23.4.4 running in Revit 2023.1.1 and using a mapped network drive works as expected.

To start debugging your issue, can you please:

1. Open Dynamo for Revit and try opening your scripts with it? Do you get the same trust error message?
  2. Can you check Preferences, Security, Trusted File Locations for your network locations and send us a snap of what is displayed?
  3. Also can you confirm your version for Player (the ‘?’ Help button)?

Thanks,

Neal, QA for the team

PS Here is an example of a functioning mapped drive:

Also, make sure that it’s not a unc path and only use letters.

1 Like

Thanks Neal and John.
The path is mapped.
The version of the Player is 23.4.4.0
The issue persists.
Here’s a video of the Player ignoring me when I click on the “Yes” button. :cry:

If I try to add the network path via the preferences dialog I get this error message:

If I open the script in Dynamo however and I click Yes on the button granting permission to trust the script the script does work. I’m talking about this message here:

That been said, I resolved the issue temporarily by disabling the trust warning altogether.

Kind regards,
Paolo

Hi Paolo,

Nice workaround! In order to better understand your networking issue we would need to remote into your machine. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Neal

Thanks Neal,

I’m afraid this won’t be possible for company policy.
If you need any details about the network I can ask my IT an report back to you but that’s as much as I can do right now.

Regards,
Paolo

Thanks Paolo,

Understood. Yes we would be interested in knowing what the Windows networking stack is? Also any corporate anti-virus software?

Thanks,

Neal

Neal,
The IT says the network stack is Ip6. We don´t have any additional software other than the standard windows firewall. Hope it helps.
Paolo

Thank you Paolo!

Is it possible to change the “disable trust Warning” in the Register? What is the register key that need to be changed if it’s possible?
Regards
Patrick