Is there any way to attach top levels of walls to the roof via dynamo?

I created a sloped roof with possible 4-way slope using a node which is “FootPrintRoof.ByedgesandSlopes” However, I haven’t attached walls(from top) to the roof in case of giving 1-way or 2-way slope. Is there any ways such as node to make it possible? Otherwise, in idea of determining slope from 2 different way causes empty places between roof and walls.
Thanks in advance

Do you have some screenshots at least a script? :slight_smile:

I hope that it makes sense.

This photo also shows how it looks when walls don’t attach the roof.

1 Like

Hello…dont think its possible…an option is to play around with some voids

1 Like

As far as I’m aware you can’t attach walls and you can’t edit their profiles.
A workaround that you could use here is to create new walls by profile to fit above the existing one and below the roof.
There is a method in the API and there is a node called Wall.ByProfile in the Wombat package

Edit: as Jacob suggested in a reply below there is now an API method to edit walls profiles starting from Revit 2022

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I’m going to try it today and let you know how it goes at the end

I believe walls can be converted to a sketch here: CreateProfileSketch Method

Note it needs a doc regeneration to “take”. Rolling back a fake transaction which does nothing should suffice.

From there this code sample should allow editing the sketch. All of this requires 2022 or newer.

1 Like

Thanks @jacob.small !
I have missed this update in the API

1 Like

The recent releases have some really good additions to our toolsets. :slight_smile:

Like, we can make ceilings now!

2 Likes