Intersection points between linked model and host model

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a method to find intersection points between pipes and floors from the linked STR model.
As the picture shows there are intersections but the Dynamo code shows there isn’t any intersection point.

I was wondering if you could help me to find the solution. You can find attached the Dynamo code and my Revit test file.

Thank you in advance.

PIPE Testing.dyn (85.6 KB)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvfflNVloG0bguRryRbUdMZplWVBZw?e=NRK8yA

Hi @sbolandin,

Just a short question, does your Revit model and linked model have the same project base point?

-biboy

I uploaded my test file. Please take a look at it.

Hi @sbolandin,

One more question. Since there are 2 intersection points of a pipe to a floor (top surface and bottom surface intersection), do you want to get them both or just the top part?

I need the center point. I get top and bottom, then find the center point in the middle of the floor.
I tried in the model which I have floor and pipe in the same model it gives me both points.

I see, but based from the models, they have different project base point. You need to do this in python because if you only use OOTB nodes, you will never get the correct intersection. If the project base points are different, the coordinates of the objects in the linked model will be offset and because of that you need to compensate for that offset. There is no known node that can compensate for that offset, therefore you need to use python script to compensate.

-biboy

@blsalvio
Thank you for your time. Actually, I’m not familiar with Python scripting. Could please provide for me?