Placing family at clashes pipes with walls

Hi i try to make a dynamo script to find clashes and put there a family. All goes ok but at “finding the intersections” step i think something is wrong. I couldn’t get the intersection from revit. This is interesting because i have few clashes in project… prtsc down

My script:

I want to put on them this component:

What do you think where might be a problem? Thanks in adwance for help. I didn’t find the similar topic to this but sorry if i missed something.

Hello why do you use polysurface instead of solids ?..probably something could help ypu

3 Likes

Some of the techniques here might help…

@sovitek Hello thank You for help. I used polysurface because i saw similar script here Using Dynamo for Placing an Element at Pipe Penetrations in Revit | Revit Products | Autodesk Knowledge Network
I changed script as like in your linked topic. Now i think i understand the differences. (solids treat element as one block, and polysurface as few surfaces?) All works perfect :heart_eyes: and i saw Yours films on yt. Amazing! I subscribe :wink:

@GavinCrump thanks for your help but this film is not about linked model…

2 Likes

Yes the linked model process is slightly different, but linked element geometry can be retriever very similarly to apply such a method. I believe BiMorph, Data Shapes and Archilab all have methods for retrieving linked elements to get their forms.

In either case, glad to see the polysurface worked out!

2 Likes