Instance Family not showing in Revit project browser

I am trying to load an instance family into revit but the family is not showing on the revit project browser. I can’t see the dynamo preview on revit. Please help.

Thank you

I’ve never used this node before so I’m only guessing, but it looks like your trying to make 4 separate families shown in the list.firsttiem node, but your calling them all ‘Audrey’. Read the error it’s spitting out - “Make sure that each geometry object has a unique family name”.
Either flatten the list after the list.firstitem node or give each family a seperate name.

I’ve noticed you’re just putting lines into the family node, wouldn’t you want it to be a solid?

Does your mass actually contain any solid geometry? Because I would expect to see ‘solid’ under the preview for geometry split. Make sure you create form once you’ve made your mass boundary.

1. That node supports only solid and surface based geometry. (poly solids and poly surfaces are supported too)

2. Look at the output - you’re receiving an Error message. You’re feeding in multiple items but are providing only a single name. That’s just not how Revit works. You’ll need to have a unique name for each geometry object, because each of them will become a new family.

2 Likes

Okay I was following “Revit & Dynamo: How to cut anything with topography” youtube video. This one does give me solids and I can see the preview in revit. Everything looks ok except of the instance family. I am new to Dynamo, so I am sorry if this is too preliminary of a question.
Thank all for your help.

Audrey

It’s supposed to, but I got a list instead. I modified it following a youtube video, and it now has solids. See my latest post.

Thank you .

The problem is solved once you use a string for the file template.

(Spring node family instance by geometry)

Thank you