Pretty new to Dynamo. I’ve successfully imported or exported data to and from Dynamo before, but I’m having difficulty with a script/workflow at this stage.
Currently, the export to excel script works fine. Essentially, all it does is it exports the GUID’s, Sheet Names, Sheet Numbers and 5x Custom Shared (Text) Parameters. The export to excel script works without any issues (Although, would be nice to export/add headers). The import from excel script has warnings. Some of the warnings which I face is:
- A warning pop-up appears, stating that “sheet numbers” already exists. Essentially, if I change a sheet number in excel, then it updates in Revit without a problem, but when I don’t change anything numbers in excel, then the numbers should just stay as is.
- When I cancel the aforementioned warning and rerun the script, then it sometimes work, but sometimes changes a sheet number or the sheet name to a “null” string value.
Desired Result / Workflow:
- Export data from Revit to Excel (Script which is working, additionally, what can I do to add Headers?)
- Then someone can add data to the excel files. In columns 3-8 for example.
- Then data from Excel which has hanged, needs to be imported back into Revit, associated to the correct sheet. (Script with problems)
- What is wrong with the “Import from Excel” script? What am I missing and if there is a better way of going about it, please let me know. After I import the data from excel to Revit, it should populate the data accordingly.
I would just like to add, the reason why I would like to make use of the GUID as a “driver to and from” excel is because if someone removes a sheet in Revit, then It would not matter, or if a user adds (or removes) a row in excel, it would not matter.
I could not attach sample files & scripts, because I’m a new user. I uploaded the files to WeTransfer which can be downloaded here: https://we.tl/t-OAutjXMPE6