How to duplicate and translate element.geometry infinitely using a number.slider

hello,
I have a small problem, I found a way to duplicate a metal gantry, however, just on a defined number of gantry and I would like to be able to duplicate it and translate it according to a variable number n. Is it possible ?

Not aware of that specific function in Revit but standard answer use to be, what have you tried so far? Please post a graph and som examples.

1 Like

I tried to duplicate Element.Geometry by translating each element but this work for a definite number of translation (sorry for my english it’s not my native language)

1 Like

As I understand, without seeing any outputs from the nodes, you insert inputs from seven different lists in the upper left corner but only gets Items info from six indexes.

Have you tried different combinations regarding lacing?

Maybe you can collapse the nodes for “List.Create”, “List.Sort”, “List.GetItemAtIndex” and each “Geometry.Translate” to make it easier to investigate?

hi, are you looking to do a dynamo geometry duplication

(1..n)*4;
sincerely
christian.stan

2 Likes

Good @christian.stan :heart_eyes:
This was a nice example.

1 Like

thank you very much for all you advices, I will try and get back to you

1 Like

Hi again, I suceed to duplicate 1 frame but I struggle to duplicate multiple frame
do you have any idea how can I do that?
Again thank you very much for your help

1 Like

Try to think in terms of List, you will have fewer nodes (in the previous example, I had positioned on the List Level L2 and Lacing Long on Geometry.Translate)

how many items do you have when you release Element.Geometry?

edit: here is an example with 2 Lines (Script attached)

with 2 Lines.dyn (26.8 KB)

Sincerely
christian.stan