Copy element along gridlines

Hello Everyone
I created grid lines for my project. i want to know how i can copy an element along Grid lines or copy them with a rule? that element could be For example line or revit elements that i created by dynamo like structural beam or column and etc… or it might be 2 or more elements that i created a list from them and i wanna copy that list of elements. i Used Translate node but it didn’t work for elements.
thanks in advance!

Hello…I suppose you wil insert a family in the intersect point (red arrow)…in that case i would try to play around with this one here…

1 Like

thank you for replying.
my element is not a family how can I use this node?

1 Like

OK…so its dynamo geometry you want to insert in revit as family…you could try something like this…hope it will work…

1 Like

thank you so much… it’s ok but i don’t want to convert my geometry to family. for example i create some curves in dynamo and then I convert them to beam by StructuralFraming.BeamByCurve. and then I want to copy this structural framing along the grids or in a row. in this case what shoud i do? (because Translate node doesn’t get element)
thank You in advance!

cool…so you want to create beams there follow your grids but break in every intersect point ?

you can share your dataset if you want…

1 Like

Not sure…do you mean like this…

grids.dyn (243.4 KB)

1 Like

thank you so much for your kind help .I was Trying. somehow but a little different items. for example I have a steel Column and its flanges and webs are separate from each other and created by different curves . i temporary solved it like this to be able to use translate node: First I Translate curves to grids and then I Used structural framing for geometries that copied. Longer way . :grin:

1 Like

Great it work for you at least :wink:

1 Like