Hello everyone! First post.
I thought this was a simple operation to perform but I can’t seem to figure it out!
I would like to create a Structural Framing Beam from a set of rotating profiles using Dynamo.
- The profile does not vary in size and is constant throughout the length of the Beam
- The profile is always perpendicular to the Path curve
- I should be able to precisely define the rotation of each profile along the curve
Is there a way to do this? The StructuralFraming.BeamByCurve component does not allow me to do so.
From a geometry perspective I could of course:
- Divide the Path curve
- Generate perpendicular planes
- Rotate each plane accordingly
- Orient the profile curves to each plane
- Perform a sweep to obtain the solid form of the beam
The problem with the above method is that the result will not be a ‘beam’, i.e., I would not be able to change the profile of the beam natively in Revit and maintain the rotation of the profiles. And, it would not register as the appropriate Beam in a schedule.
I am new to Dynamo and there is probably a workaround available that I am unaware of.
I did see something by RevitCat using Adaptable Components which might work as a last resort:
Any help would be much appreciated!