How to copy parameter value between the same family?

Hi! Is it possible to create a Dynamo script to copy the “Keynote” to every object in the same family?
The schedule is a short example, it will contain al lot more objects. Really new to Dynamo and can’t figure it out on my own.

Welcome to the forum!

The best thing you can do is work your way through the Dynamo Primer. It provides examples and tutorials over all the basics and should get you setup to write something like this. There are tons of examples of this kind of workflow already out there, but you’ll have a much easier time once you’ve had some experience actually writing graphs.

2 Likes

One quick way is to sort/filter your schedule by the family only, (without itemizing) so it consolidates those down to one line item and then type the value into the keynote field.

That would be the easiest way, but unforntunately i have to create a script. I’m writing a master thesis about dynamo

Yes of course, but im a bit short on time. Thought that maybe someone could lend me a hand :smile:

We’re here to answer questions and provide support, not do work for you. The Primer will get you everything you need, and if not, then you can come back here for questions on specifics.

1 Like