How to Change Design Option of a Schedule

Hi Everyone,

referencing this old post from 2015 Setting a Design Option of Schedule View - #8 by wojciech.r

and This one from 2019 Is there a way to use dynamo to create schedules specific to different design options? - #3 by SeanP

I havent been able to find a way to change the design option of a schedule.

I can do it for other view types e.g. floor plans, sections, 3d, area plans using the set Visible in Option parameter.

Elevations required using the view template trick (create view template from existing view with correct design option and apply it to elevations, then swap template back to standard.

Now I’m stuck trying to modify schedule design option. (because schedule view won’t accept the same view template - says not valid type - must be a specific schedule view template)

(as mentioned in thread from 2015. Autodesk said they’d look into it but i cant find any new info.)
I’m getting the exact same result as in that 2015 post node says success but value doesnt change

As far as I know the only way to set the design option display for a view is with the parameter, which doesn’t exist for schedules. The post which you reference that shows this is actually from September 15th of this year, and the team is still looking into options but it will require a new Revit release to review.

Setting a view template should accomplish what you’re after though, and I think you can find that templates have the parameter and therefore you can programmatically drive the solution. I have not looked into this personally though.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the reply Jacob
and yes you are right, i read the date wrong. Mistook Sep 15 for Sep. 2015 :smiley:
Guess that’s what I get for working when tired!

I have been unable to programmatically drive the parameter for view templates in my attempts so far, but for now i’ve moved on with a workaround

I have a set number of design options that the company uses in all jobs from our starting template, so i’ve just created those 15 schedule view templates that only include the design option settings and preset these to each design option. It works, and allows me to switch to whatever design option is needed.

I was hoping to be able to set that without having to include (semi) redundant view templates in our starting template but not a major deal for now.

I’ll probably continue to tinker with the graph when i have a bit more time in the new year

Thanks again

1 Like