How do you update the Dynamo version bundled with Revit 2018

Hello,

I’m trying to update the version of Dynamo that is bundled with Revit 2018. I have updated the dynamocore and dynamorerevit.msi with the 2.0.2 version, located in the build folder here: \Img\x64\DYN

However, when the software deploys automatically, two versions of Dynamo still install, both 1.2.2 and 2.0.2.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this please?

Hello Stephen - Welcome to the Dynamo community! :slight_smile:

In versions of Revit prior to Revit2020 (Where the paradigm has changed), you can have multiple installs of Dynamo - as is your case. Here you have one version of Dynamo in the 1.X environment and one version in the 2.X environment.

You should be able to uninstall the 1.2.2 version of Dynamo with your standard windows Add/Remove Programs

Hi Solamour,

Thanks for the information. We use software to automatically install software packages as it would be unmanageable manually doing this based on the amount of people.

Do you know if it is possible to manipulate the installer files to only install 2.0.2 and not have to uninstall 1.2.2 via Add/Remove programs?

Regards,
Stephen

Hi @stephen.hall ,

Not too sure how your deployment works but 1.2.2 might be the version come out with R2018 by default which means if you install R2018, you will get 1.2.2 by default. The legacy Dynamo 2.0.2 msi should only install 2.0.2 to your users. I am guessing here you are deploying R2018 and the target Dynamo you specified to fresh user machine and found both Dynamo version installed, this might be inevitable but I would be curious if other company was able to alter Revit installer behavior to skip the default Dynamo version installation during Revit install.

Cheers,
Aaron-

1 Like