How do you schedule whether a view has a link displayed, and which display setting the link has? The reason for the question: I want to be able to manage our plans which each have a linked view (unique plans per level) from a consultant revit model

‘Suppose I have a list of empty views such as “View A”, “View B”, “View C”. I have a linked Revit model that contains views with the same names, with graphics of details. I would like to expedite the process of going to “View A” > Manage Links > clicking on the “By Host View” button of the link, changing that to “By Linked View” and selecting “View A” from a long list of views in a drop down menu, and doing this many times. I think that there should be a way to automate that. Can anybody share a solution?’

^This is from an older post, and it is exactly related to my question. My guess was a schedule. Any thoughts?

I don’t think it’s possible with a schedule. If you can’t do it natively through Revit then Dynamo won’t be able to automate it.

The Revit Links tab in view templates is only available in the 2024 API. It’s still limited, but I do think you can set the Linked View that way. Another option would be to create a “partial” View Template for each view area with the Linked View already set and then automate the application of those view templates.
LinkedViewId Property (revitapidocs.com)