Set Revit Links Display Settings as Revit Link View

I am looking how to Set Revit Links Display Settings as Revit Link View with Dynamo, I mean change from By Host View to By Linked View and select which view of the link afterwards. Hopefully the answer is not Revit API not available blabla

Yes you have right here i guess :wink:

It’s been requested for a long time now, but yes I think @sovitek is right here in my experience. There are some workarounds that achieved using apply template properties and storing linked view graphic sets as templates, then unlocking this section in applied templates, but it’s a workaround of course and wont suit all scenarios.

Here’s Jeremy commenting on it in 2016. But we can copy sheets now I guess… woo.

1 Like

Yes thats great, have just wait for it the last 12 years :slight_smile: thx Autodesk :wink:

Personally I’m just dreading all the views with copy names in models. It’s a great feature for architects, and a scary one for those who do the cleanup.

1 Like

havent tried 2022 yet…hope its build the way so its possible to control duplicates naming so we dont have to manuel rename them again

Is this from chatGPT? Noting this thread is old as well.

Have sent you a dm in case this isn’t the case, but please refrain from reviving old topics and just providing GPT summaries if this is the case here.

Not the first instance of this posting we’ve seen now. ChatGPT bots being launched at forums? I wonder…

3 Likes

@GavinCrump
post deleted

2 Likes

I don’t know a direct dynamo solution for that yet and i don’t understand the last comments which are talking about something else. :neutral_face:

What I did is to copy views and view templates from revit links with dynamo and apply them to the current revit file opened. And trying to copy the annotative elements as well…but not worth the efforts. Forgotten task…too much for no satisfaction

The reply was deleted, but it was a big list of unuseful tips that looked to be made by chatgpt.

Revit API for this is now available in revit 2024, but not older versions.

2 Likes

Hi Gavin,

Is it a way to show how it would work on Dynamo? I am working AV industry, and I use Revit links for my elevations. I have a template where I place screens, video bars, sockets and data (detail item only), containment (detail item only), and plywood (detail item only). All dimensions are attached to objects, and they also have predefined views. This template is automated. Let’s say I have five types of meeting rooms, so I create five project files from the elevation template. When meeting rooms project files (in this example five) I linked them to the main model.

Main model.
I already have set up Revit links display settings for views. I don’t need to do anything in the main model with section views.

In GA plans, I copy Revit links and move around the plan. The problem comes when I duplicate Revit links it adds to all views which affect sheets because it starts to show views which are not supposed to be in.

Is it a way of using Dynamo script to untick duplicate Revit links from section plans? Please see the image below.

Kind regards

Robertas

Hello Gavin

Could u tell me how to deal with this point in Revit 2024 API

Best Regards

The article here summarizes the changes:

https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2023/04/whats-new-in-the-revit-2024-api.html#4.2.14

Its just a handful of methods so if you know Revit API it should hopefully make sense.

1 Like

Ok thank you

1 Like