Help with export/import schedules to excel - 3 questions

After a lot of trial and error, I finally have a working graph for both exporting to excel and importing from excel.

First question - How can I go about improving my graph to be more effective if something were to change. (ie. New families, new parameters, etc.) For example, if we add a column/parameter to our chiller schedule, I’ll need to go into the excel export graph and edit it to reflect the column/parameter changes. This likely won’t happen often, but it would be nice to have the graph automatically reflect the changes.

Second question - At the moment, I have a separate graph for each piece of equipment. One for chillers, on for boilers, etc. How can I simply my graphs to allow one graph to work for all mechanical equipment. This leads me into my third question.

Third question - If I am going to use one graph for all mechanical equipment, I’ll need a way to simply the graph so there isn’t a “Elements.GetParameterValueByNameTypeOrInstance” node for every single parameter. If you look at my graph, you’ll see this is extremely repeatative.

I’ve attached an example of my export to excel and import from excel graphs. Thank you in advance for your help.

Chiller Schedule Export to Excel.dyn (98.0 KB)
Chiller Schedule Import From Excel.dyn (126.9 KB)

Sorry I did not open you graphs. Could you do something like this?

1 Like