Genius Loci create materials and set image to null

Hi,

I’ve manage to figure out my previous problem from this post, thanks to a collegue. The Genius Loci pack was working correctly, the problems I’ve had came from the Orchid pack which seems to have issues when changing file language from english to french.

Continuing the discussion from Create Materials with Appearance color value using GeniusLoci package:

Now, when creating the new generic assets, for some bizzare reason it adds a matarial texture, and I have no idea how to delete it, I’ve tried to set the value to null, I’ve also tried to use the Orchide pack again, but it doesn’t completely work, does anyone have any ideas?

Also as a side note, for the orchid pack I found something very usefull for new people like myself to find how all the nodes from the pack work : OrchidForDynamo/Samples/Graphs/Materials at master · erfajo/OrchidForDynamo · GitHub
Does Genius Loci have something similar? It would be really helpfull for me to figure out by myself how to use these complex nodes.

Hi @a.vlad,

The Revit API creates Appareance Asset by duplicating an existing asset. It explains why the newly created assets contain a texture path.
Try instead with the AppareanceAsset Duplicate node and be sure to not have a texture in the duplicated asset.

Thanks for the idea, it works!
Is there no way to simply delete an image once it’s assigned to an Appareace Asset?
I’m really strugling to understand how these things works, it’s so different from normal Revit objetcs…

@a.vlad,

You can use the new Material Remove Texture node which you can download on Github
(Right click and Save As on the Raw button.)
Drop the new node in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.12\packages\Genius Loci\dyf

Can you share this code with me? I am struggle to change 100s of graphic color to appearance color quickly. Thank you very much!