Generative design-workspace layout study issue

Greetings, i am trying to use workspace layout study built in my Revit 2021 but after each time i try to run the study nothing happens, the explorer outcome shows that the generative design process is still running but not result, I thought at first that this is a problem from my laptop but it appears that something is missing or preventing Revit from starting this process.

please if anyone could help or support, i need to make a small presentation about his feature so any help will be very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi @walid.espinosa,

If you share some screenshots and corresponding files we can actually help :slight_smile:

Hi Daan
sure, ok great. i only used 2 type of study the first one this built in revit (Workspace Layout)
and the other i download it in imported through Dynamo

!
Capture-1JPG|690x404 !
Capture|690x407

@walid.espinosa

I assume you are not using proper Revit sample files to check those results in generative design.

Check in the below link for the video tutorial for Autodesk University
you can see 5 Hands-on Lab videos in the below link. which helps for a better understanding of generative desgin.

you can download sample files at the below link.

1 Like

Generative design is stuck trying to figure out what you want it to do by the looks of it. I count 5 studies which are trying to execute concurrently.

Do not attempt to start more until you can go into ‘explore’ without having any show a processing status.

1. Restart your CPU
  2. Relaunch Generative Design
  3. Hover over the ‘calculating’ icons, and pause any studies which attempt to restart.
  4. Delete all unneeded and still processing studies.
  5. Restart the CPU again.
  6. Relaunch Generative Design again by going to ‘explore’ again.
  7. Confirm no studies are ‘spinning’ again. If so, repeat 3-6.
  8. When no studies are processing, send a randomization study of a simple type (3 box massing is good). If that finishes you’re good to go. If not post your Generative Design log files.
2 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing this link

yes it worked perfectly now, i even tried optimization with small generation number
Thanks a lot Jacob for your Support very grateful for your help !!

2 Likes