Floors by rooms problem

Hello, I have problem with script Floors by Rooms. Surface.PerimeterCurves node show to me null list.
Please your help.
Regarts
Michal

Without seeing the output of your Geometry.Intersect node this is just a hunch, but it looks like your cut plane will not intersect all of the solids.

I am sorry. Some of Lists are Empty and someone not. I don´t know solve my problem.

That is what I expected. Your cut plane doesn’t cut every solid because it’s located at Z = 0 while some of your rooms (those in the top storey) clearly aren’t. It would be better to either define an individual cut plane for each solid (based on that solid’s location on the Z axis) or just isolate the bottom surface of each solid without using Geometry.Intersect at all.

1 Like

RoomOutline.dyn (21.5 KB)

1 Like

Men, thank you so much for yours explanation. It solve my problem with section plane. But Vikram, your script create floors at all levels with rooms. I try select rooms by filter as I need. But I have a new issue. When I start sript (for example at 2nd Level) my privious floors (at 1st Level) are deleted.

Try making this change…

It doesn´t change … :confused:
Every time script delete previous floor created by rooms.

This is a known issue / limitation.
If you want elements generated earlier to remain in Revit, you’ll need to close, reopen and Run Dynamo every time you change values.

I understand. Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

This has to do with element binding and you can solve it by reading this post: