Floor Type from the Room - Problem - Deleting the previous created floor

Hello everyone,

I created really simple script to create floor from the room. I choose “select element in Model” as input for Dynamo Player. The script creates floor on the first run. At the second run when I want to select another room, Dynamo deletes the previous created floor. Even if i close Dynamo and run again he is gonna deleted the previous created one.

How to resolve this problem? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Damir

Hi,

I’ll repeat myself, hopefully @jacob.small doesn’t mind. That all sounds like element binding.
Take a look at this post to understand it better.

Also take a look at @john_pierson’s video, it explains it and provides a solution:

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I guess here just replace floor.byoutline with a fresh one from your library and probably room finish boundery as well… then save dont run…and should work…but as @Josip.Komadina mention …element binding :wink:

2 Likes

Run it from Dynamo Player (or other 3rd party solution) and it will work as expected. I believe there are some Dynamo extensions that you can use to mange this as well if you want to stay in Dynamo.

1 Like

Hello guys,

Thank you all for your replies :)…

I did the following and it worked:

1. Made a script again from the skratch but this time didn’t select room from the node “Select Model Element by Category” from Dynamo. I save and close the Dynamo script.
  2. Open Dynamo Player and from Player everything was running very good.

Have a nice evening…

Damir