Floor Finish from Rooms Script Doesn't work for all rooms

Hello everyone. I’m tring to implement “floor finish from rooms” dynamo script to my study. Script from @GavinCrump is creating some of floor finishes bu not create for all. sometimes after i delete the rooms (delete including schedules) , script don’t create floor finishes again for the ones that been created before.

As discussed whilst I suspect it’s a bindings thing, it’s beyond me exactly what the cause is. Hopefully someone has ideas beyond my guess (Select model elements node?). You may need to share your script/model sample exhibiting the error to get further help though.

Echoing Gavin: this sounds like bindings, but need a Revit file with the content in it and Dynamo graph to confirm.

1 Like

Made my revit file as small as possible but it is still 9.9mb but limit is 8 mb. I made small example from the start, on that example script worked perfect:((

Get Room.boundaries,make Polycurves, check them for “closed”.
If you have “falses”, check bad room’s contours for self intersection.

Room Quirks in the Revit API (sixtysecondrevit.com)

Finally the file is less than 8mb.
Floor From Finishesı.rvt (4.3 MB)
Floor Finishes.dyn (46.0 KB)

Something like that?

Yes, all have to be closed for generating floors.

This giving some warning like this. This is anothet handy thing but even if i use rectengular room boundary, the problem still remains.

@GavinCrump , @jacob.small waiting for good news:)

Gotta clean up your geometry.

The upper dimension indicates that Your column is off by 0.26mm from the wall. Alarmingly neither aligns with the structural grid, which I doubt is your intent…

The lower dimension indicates that your infill wall is off by 0.04mm from the structural wall.
These sort of drawing errors add up to big problems down the line. Use your align tool and draw your content in Revit rather than tracing imported cad (which I believe is what was done here).

Once you clear that up things should work better.

2 Likes

Thank you @jacob.small i am going to clean it up .I create sample rectengular room from walls without any gap in that level for checking the isue out. Floor finish couldt be created.
Other thing i stucked is not bein able to re-create floor finish after i delete the room(including room schedule) . Will check the same issue after cleaning up.