Filled Regions in Groups

Hello community,

i am trying to run a graph that transfers the area of filled regions to a shared parameter, so that i can tag them with their area values. The graph works just fine in “simple” models but has a problem with filled regions inside of groups.

Does someone know how to handle this problem?

Cheers!

2019-03-06%2010_56_17-Window

did you include the tag in the group?

Hey,

Here’s a graph for updating group parameters… Hopefully it’s useful…

Cheers,

Mark

scary graph for beginners! thanks!

Apologies, yes it’s one of those things which should be simple, but unfortunately I don’t believe we have a direct method of editing a group without it throwing the error you found…

Unfortunately, as you’ll note, the only way (as far as I know) is to swap all but 1 type to
a new temporary group type, then you can edit the remaining group, swap them all back again and delete the temporary types…

Hopefully group editing functionality will be improved at some point :slight_smile:

Good luck,

Mark

1 Like

@bialmeida

would you still get the error message if you set the “Region Area” parameter to - varies by group instance? The option allows you to edit the element without going into the group.

2 Likes

That’s a good point, for me it’s a management issue… Do you want the possibility of different groups having different values… Each project (and parameter) is different…

1 Like