FamilyType.ByName - Same Type in different Families?

I’m using the FamilyType.ByName node, and have gotten it to work as I want, but I’m wondering what happens if I have two different Families that use the same Type Name?
Since I can only pass the Type into the node, how can I rely on what gets returned?
I tried concatenating the family name before the Type name (Family:Type) since that’s what shows in the “Family Types” node, but that didn’t work at all.

It tells you exactly what will happen.
If you have multiple types with the same name you would probably want to filter your options. Either get the families of a category and then the type or go straight for the specific family first and then get the type.

Hi Nick, I know this is an old thread but this is close to my problem. I have as an input a string and I want to use it to set instance types of two different families, one an electrical device and the other an electrical fixture. At the moment both families use the same type names for consistency.

What I need is a version of this node that has an additional input of family and restricts its search to only that family. Is there anything like that out there?

If not, I see a couple of options -

• add a suffix to all family type name for one family and add that same suffix to my matching string just before it hits the familytype.byname
  • use multiple nodes to and use match and list filter etc to search out the familty type matching my string.

advice? Thanks.

There is a node in the library that should allow you to specify both the family name and type name. I believe it is under Revit > Elements > FamilyType in the library.