Failed to trim Surface with polycurve loops: CURVE_OFF_SURFACE

Hi Dynamo Team,

following Errors comes in Revit 2023 and Revit 2022 (last update) - see attached picture. In Revit 2022 I have same Problem but at least the Surfaces will be created and that would be enough to work with. Is there any Solution for this Problem? Wanted to jump 100 % into Revit 2023 but with this Situation I would be a lil bit afraid to do so. Orchid Package was able to form the geometry and at least I could get the Curves what I needed to work.

Thank You in Advance for your Help.

Note: Should I open an Issue on Github? Attached the Pictures and .SAT files.

Regards

Juan

error2022.sat (94.3 KB)
error2023.sat (68.2 KB)

I don’t see the SAT in the graph, and the contents of the first graph isn’t visible. We likely need a .rvt to go with the graph in order to help.

Hi Jacob,

I attached the picture again. It was almost the same in both Versions.
SurfaceError.rvt (3.2 MB)

I attached also the .rvt File

I reproduced the SAT File with the Command fromSAT Node.

if you need more Info let me know

Regards

Juan

1 Like

Hi @jacob.small ,

Just wanted to catch up the Status of my issue…of course without hurrying u guys up. I was able to work it with Orchid but of course i would love to do it directly with Dynamo and in Revit 2023.

Thank you guys in advance or ur help.

Regards

Juan

Hi Everyone und @jacob.small

Some feedback about my Issue? I havent tested the 2024 Products because i always wait till September or October to start with a new Version. Of course i still had the issue on the 2023 Version. Please let me know

Rgds Juan

There’s some problems with conversion to Dynamo geometry. We can use Element.Geometry Fast from Synthesize package to test, if we can get all solids. But Element.Geometry Fast doesn’t work with linked geometry.

I’ve made simple node with improved logic with Element.Geometry Fast, allowing to send only “bad” geometry elements to get solids. So, we’ll have all solids at last. I’ll post final version in 1-2 days.

1 Like

Hi Vladimir,

thank you for your Input. More than glad to see your Script. I just have to add that in this Case there are not linked Geometries. All the Geometries have been created direct in Revit and actually using Dynamo. The Problem is to convert the Revit Geometry, that was created in Revit with a Dynamo Script, back to a Dynamo Geometry. but of course it would be nice to see what you prepared for the case that you need to isolate Bad Geometry and converted to a Solid… Rgds. Juan

I am not sure why one of the faces isn’t converting correctly, so please submit a bug to the Dynamo for Revit Github containing a Revit model with just a section of bridge which converts and a section which does not, and the graph to convert those two sections into Dynamo solids (one of which will fail). This way we can hopefully get it resolved in a coming build.

in the meantime (and for your 2022 work) this simple graph will patch the void in the failing surface, and won’t return errors on the other geometries.

1 Like

Hi, @J.Rymer!

Check you have latest Synthesize package.
Copy provided dyf to …AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.13\definitions. (Replace “2.13” with your version.)

Filter out revit elements by nulls(failed solids) and send them to ElemsToSolids node.
ElemsToSolids.dyf (6.2 KB)

P.S. The solution is slow! But it’s better than nothing.