Broken Polylines - Failed to convert polycurve to wirebody

Have come across an issue in how Dynamo is processing my polycurves.

As you can see in the GIF below, my Dynamo isn’t behaving consistently when trying to create a surface from input detail curves converted into Dynamo Geometry.
Polycurves

It will create the surface in some instances, but then when you change the inputs around the Surface by patch node says at first that it has created a surface successfully, but when you click on the node it does not display the geometry.

Then if you re-plug in the input it actually realises it cannot proceed and throws the following error

I initially thought this was an issue of my origin curves coming from revit detail curves. But the in the below GIF the same issue is arising when I create my polycurve with points straight from Dynamo.
Polycurves2

I need my polycurves :cry: - Anyone got any clue whats going on?

in Dynamo 2.16.1, Revit 2023.1

Try using a polygon instead of a polycurve.

If your’e using Dynamo 2.16 in Revit 2021 you’re going to have a lot of issues, as this version of Dynamo is not supported for Revit 2021. Revit 2021 caps out at 2.6; to even get an associated build of 2.16 you had to put yourself into a non-supported environment, meaning things will break in unpredictable ways. This particular break is because 2.16 utilizes a different geometry core version than Revit 2021 has access to. You’ll need to upgrade to Revit 2023.1 to get 2.16.

I recommend undoing whatever was done to get 2021 back to Dynamo 2.6 soon, as the number of changes untested are significant.

Hi @jacob.small,

Apologies - It was a typo within my message. The version I am already in is Revit 2023.1.

@haganjake2 , share rvt and dyn file, we’ll check.

This literally makes no sense to me.
BrokenPolycurveEngine

I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall of Revit 2023.1 and then upgrade to 2023.1.1 this morning.

Dynamo file:
Broken Points.dyn (12.1 KB)
Revit File:
DYNAMO ERROR.rvt (5.9 MB)

Dynamo build version 2.16.1.6510

The error I am getting is:

@haganjake2 unfortunately, I’m unable to reproduce this error. The graph you shared works well in Revit 2023 as well as in DynamoSandbox 2.15, 2.16, and 2.18. The only thing I haven’t tested this in is Revit 2023.1, which I can try to do. Please let me know if I’m missing something else.

Hi all sorry to slide into this conversation. I am facing similar problem as mentioned by the @haganjake2 . I am on the latest build of Revit 2023 and also have my AutoCAD installed in the same PC. I read somewhere else that the problem might be down to the the ASM module in the PC but I am on my wit end trying to figure out what i need to do to fix this. Btw, this does not only affecting my PC it also happens in another 10 PCs all over my office. Any help on this shall be appreciated. Thanks