Exporting Multi-category Schedule into Excel

Hi,

I need to export my multi-catogory schedule from revit to excel using dynamo I dont want to use family types nodes, Categories, All elements of categories nodes because while using that kind of nodes I was able to export only a single category.What ever In the multi-category schedule I need to export all the categories, values, parameters as same in the schedule. Then I need to edit some of the parameters,values in excel once again I have to import that multi-category excel file which I have edited into revit using dynamo.

Thank you,
Aravind

Hi,

I have tried and got the result , Now i can able to export the multi-category schedule from Revit using dynamo. But I am trying to import the same excel file after editing some parameters. I have uploaded my dynamo file for your reference below.

Thanks,
Aravind

Could you share a Revit File with your Schedule, together with this Dynamo script?

Hi Daan,

I have uploaded both Revit and dynamo Script, If any new concepts, ideas, new packages, New scripts that you can able to share with me will be appreciated

Thanks,
Aravind
Exporting Final.rvt (1.5 MB)

Exporting of multi-category Schedule.dyn (22.7 KB)

I will take a look at it, but i am going home soon.
If i cant finish it in time i will do i this afternoon or tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

This is how to export this data, when i get home i will write something to import this back.
I used Bimorph and Clockwork as Packages.

Exporting of multi-category Schedule 21-01-2020.dyn (19.3 KB)

• Daan

Hi Daan,

What really you have done on the previous dynamo script, The script which I have uploaded to you it will just export all the fields in that multi-category schedule.I am confused what you have done in your script can you elaborate it please.
Also for importing I don’t want to use Categories, all elements of categories nodes without using that I need to edit and import the multi-category excel to Revit.

Thanks,
Aravindhan C S

Yes i realise now that changing “” values into null values is not actually needed for the export to work.
So your script would work just fine for exporting data :slight_smile:

For the importing script have i not done anything, but i’ll take a short look at it.

Hi Daan,

Even I am working on how to import, If you got anything please let me know.

Thanks,
Aravind

Yes, the problem lies with the fact that you want only the exact items from the Multi Category, so you would also have to extract all the Unique Element ID’s from these Elements to be able to use those elements to import the data back.

PS: Well not really a problem, but you will need to export those aswell, i am almost done with that.
This is how that will look like:

PS: I used Bimorph and Data-Shapes for the Packages.

Exporting a Schedule 22-01-2020.dyn (32.8 KB)

This is to export the schedule, together with all the unique element ids.

Hey man i do not exactly know how to finish this because this is a very specific request and i have never done this before. This is what i have got and i would really appreciate you sharing this script once it is completely finished.

• Daan

Importing Dyn:
Importing a Schedule 22-01-2020.dyn (30.9 KB)

Hi Daan,

Thank you very much for trying and if I got the result for importing I am happy to share with you, even I am working on that.Exporting using element ID is actually a good idea. Did you know python programming? if you know we don’t want to search for a particular things we can do that with programming.

Thanks,
Aravind

1 Like

Sorry i have almost no experience with Python :frowning:

Hi Daan,

This is Aravind from India previously we where discussed Export and import using dynamo, On that particularly we were discussing about exporting of multi-category schedule from Revit and then need to export the same excel after editing the values of some parameters. In this special case without using the category I don’t want to import the excel only using the parameter I need to import. I found a solution for this and below I attached the dynamo script for this one

Thanks,
Aravindhan C SExporting of multi-category Schedule Worked one.dyn (28.1 KB)