Excel to Revit using Conduit Run ID as a Key

Hello, and thank you for looking at this topic.

I have some coding experience, yet this is my first attempt at using Dynamo.
I must note that I spent many hours watching videos and working through exercises to get to this point.

I am having a really hard time figuring out how to make Dynamo do a “vlookup” (Excel) type function. I don’t want to have to export my Revit data to Excel, perform a function on it in Excel and then import it back using Dynamo. I understand that Dynamo is not Excel, I just think that there must be a way that Dynamo can cross reference using Conduit Run ID as a key.

I’ll attach an image of what I know is working.
I am asking for help in applying the excel data to the Revit model in the respective fields.

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Hello,
You can try Springs.Dictionary.ByKeysValues in Springs package. There are also some similar nodes in Lunchbox package.

Good Day,

I created a small sample file that should enough to get this Dynamo script running. Also, I tried several other things yesterday. I’m still unsuccessful at getting this to work.

Conduit.dyn (39.1 KB)
Conduit Run Schedule.xlsx (8.4 KB)
ConduitParameters.rvt (1.4 MB)

Thanks again.

Thanks very much erfajo that seems to have done it.

I’m not 100% sure why you used Flatten in the GetRevit.
I need to learn more about Code Blocks such as the one in GetExcel.
The ListFilterListsByKey from DanEDU was really the biggest missing link.

This example won’t exactly work in use though, because we won’t have that Id in excel. This excel sheet was created as an output from Revit and that makes it kind of a bad example. I think I can see how to use Conduit Run ID though, I’ll try to work that out.

Thanks again and I marked this a solution.