Excel Nodes Fail Dynamo 1.1.0

I had a similar issue, have you tried re-establishing the file path? Pretty sure that fixed it on my end. still a work around but better than having to export to .CSV

@Zach_Kron, @Racel, @Neal_Burnham and rest of team- this is fixed! I found out that I had a bad key in my registry from a skype install of a later version.

followed this
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/forums/unable-to-cast-com-object-of-type-microsoftofficeinterop

1 Like

John,
Was the solution to delete the Key from the Registry?
The Procedure is:
Start–> Run --> regedit

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT–>TypeLib–>{00020813-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
–> 1.8(Delete one)
Delete the 1.8 Key

1 Like

Yep, this fixed the issue. :slight_smile:

Thanks John, added this to Known Issues page:

1 Like

For my case, should I delete the 1.9 Key?

I can’t say… My problem was I installed a newer version of Skype for Business, then uninstalled.

Have you done something similar recently?

Yes, i have updated. But now, I have uninstalled both dynamo and skype. I have tried to re-install the dynamo 1.2 again. The excel node still doesn’t function.

For Registry, it keeps the same.

What error are the excel nodes throwing?

All the input nodes are set as usual.

Maybe back up that registry key, delete it and see if it fixes. Backup anything that you might need though.

still cant help

Do you mean that didn’t work?

@Annie, you may want to go ahead and file an issue with the team on GitHub as they can better assist there. I am also going to go ahead and close this topic as the original problem (mine was solved). You may start another topic if you wish, but filing an issue could be more useful.