Write Excel issues

Hey guys.

I got problems with exporting data to Excel, I tried the native Data.ExportExcel node from dynamo and the Write Excel node from Bumblebee.

Using Revit2022, Dynamo 2.10.1.3976 and Office 2019

Thanks for help !

Text from the Data.ExportExcel:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 166, in
File “”, line 97, in ExitExcel
EnvironmentError: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A03EC): Zugriff auf das schreibgeschützte Dokument ‘Dynamo_Export.xlsx’ nicht möglich.
bei Microsoft.Scripting.ComInterop.ComRuntimeHelpers.CheckThrowException(Int32 hresult, ExcepInfo& excepInfo, UInt32 argErr, String message)
bei CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Object )
bei System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute2[T0,T1,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction3.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3) bei System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction4.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run5[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4)
bei IronPython.Compiler.PythonCallTargets.OriginalCallTarget4(PythonFunction function, Object arg0, Object arg1, Object arg2, Object arg3)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.FuncCallInstruction7.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run7[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,T6,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4, T5 arg5, T6 arg6) bei System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute6[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4, T5 arg5) bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction7.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

It is an Excel problem. Try to reinstall Microsoft Excel.

@Deniz_Maral is right. More specifically it is a 32/64 bit compatibility issue with the windows installation and requires a repair of the windows install to correct it. Huge pain in the butt, and has wrought havoc with many of my clients (one being 400+ in size, and now dealing with half the users with this issue).

As far as I know it’s not really the Dynamo team’s fault, moreso a bad update process that wasn’t intuitive enough to know how to manage itself properly. I’ve found the BBWrite node works still, but have temporarily switched to writing csv instead of Excel whilst we deal with the fallout. The Dynamo developers have let us know that the method the node in R22+ uses will not have this issue in future in the upcoming build.

2 Likes

Both nodes use Microsoft Interop Services. OOTB uses it with C# and BBWrite with IronPython. Both nodes can not use respected Excel assemblies.

1 Like

Is your file in background open? As I can see can not overwrite the file…

Ah my mistake, I meant BBread which still seems to work. You’re correct that BBwrite doesnt work when excel doesnt.

1 Like

I found out that BBwrite does work when Excel is closed but this is not really satisying…

You can’t overwrite an excel file while it is open. I know that problem of BBWrite. You should change Excel = Application() to Marshall Instance because it is openned and that App should be used.