Excel export start new row by change

Hey guys,

could need some help on this one.
My goal is to get parameters from revit elements listed in excel.
I have some number sliders which i use to change the position of some elements in revit. Now when i use the number slider i want the parameters to get listed in the next excel row.
Right now if i use the slider the parameters are just being overwritten in excel.
How can i get the excel node to know that i want my data in the next row if i change one/ some of the number sliders?
For better understanding im putting a photo of my .dyn with a close up to the excel node.

Have the script import the existing data from the spreadsheet and append that to the new data in Revit, then write everything back to the spreadsheet. Maybe have the data that you want to retain, written to a completely different worksheet within the spreadsheet.

1 Like

Hello Staylor,

thanks for the answer, but not exactly what i wanted Dynamo to do. What youre saying is to copy the data at every change nimber slider.
My goal is to set the excel node to always jump to the next row when getting new data.

You will either need to do what @staylor suggested, or at a minimum import the excel data and count the number of rows. Then increment from there +1 to add the new rows for each time you need. Either way your bringing in the data, and personally I’d probably just write it all back out to make sure it’s not overwriting anything.

I would just as Sean and stailor :wink: something could probably work…and use and if node for the first run…here is what i mean :wink: and if i understand right :wink: