Element level node behaving strangely between dynamo player/tune up/dynamo

I’m not sure whats going on. The element level node from genius loci/clockwork works when I use dynamo player. Sometimes works when I run the script in dynamo and never works when I’m using tune up… anyone know whats going on? its faster then synthesize element level so keen to deploy it in my graph but not sure itll keep working.

This is the error when I use force re-execute in tune up

I guess there is a null value in the FilterByBoolmask node

Hi Jw, below is running the script from run in dynamo. Not sure if those check nulls are working. Maybe it is to do with whats happening before the node. The synthesize node can handle nulls I guess

This is after closing the script, opening and using Force Re-execute in tune up doing the exact same thing. Only way I can get tune up to work is using Force Re-execute. Seems like this method is causing errors somehow. Might be something I dont understand about force.

@solamour not sure if this would be of any interest to you.

1 Like

@vanman
Hi,

Can you show the outputs? And which error does the filterbyboolmask have?

How do i bring up which error the filter by bool mask has in its list? What you can see is the list amount changes between tune up and run for the exact same thing

Got it, what is the warning? Nulls?

Hi @vanman - A few things below!

• Force Re-execute in TuneUp will take all the nodes in your graph and “mark them as dirty” which simulates you taking action on the node (i.e. making new data run through it) so that it will re-execute during the run with fresh data - every time.
  • The error that you are seeing appears to be a Python coding error, that hasn’t got any handling of noneType’s (Nulls) inside of it, something like “If not null → Do this”.
  • It is a bit strange that you can get it working via Dynamo Player, but not out of the box… any ideas here @craig.long ?
1 Like