Element.Inserts outputs empty list

Dear Dynamo users,

For some unexpected reason the Element.Inserts node produces an empty list instead of a list of windows and wall-based elements. Does anyone maybe know the reason?

You are feeding Element’s geometry to the Element.Inserts node I think you should connect the element itself and not its geometry.

That’s even worse it returns no result at all

That is worse how? if that node does not return what you expect,it does not make what I said worse or less true.

FindInserts is a method for hostobjects like walls (and not their geometry), so you have to find a node that implements findinserts correctly.

https://www.revitapidocs.com/2015/58990230-38cb-3af7-fd25-96ed3215a43d.htm

I mean the result is even more discouraging than before. Do you have any other findinserts node in mind apart from the Clockwork Element.Inserts node?

I have used this several times over the years without issue. Make sure your Clockwork version is compatible with your Dynamo and Revit builds, and that all elements are actually hosted and not joined or otherwise modified.

Thank you all for your replies. I am using several clockwork nodes and the rest are working fine. I also created a new document but it is still not working.

Can you post a small sample Revit file (day one wall with the hosted element), and the dyn you’re currently using?