Dynamo Toolbox Doesn't load

Hi, I can’t seem to get dynamo toolbox to show up for the life of me. I’m currently running the following.

• Windows 10
  • Revit 2018.3
  • Dynamo 2.0 +
  • Ironpython 2.7.3
  • .NET 4.0.30319.42000

Things I’ve tried:

• Uninstalling + Reinstalling Dynamo
  • Disabling Revit Add-Ins (To see if there is a conflict)

All of these things to no avail. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

@chrisishere see this post: Dynamo 2.0 - Library Missing I believe it is the same problem

Ok so:

• I’m running Revit 2018.3
  • I removed PNIidModeler from C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2018\AddIns

Still not working. Let me know if there is other possible reasons.

@chrisishere please open the dynamo console from the view menu and look for errors:

also you can try installing this dependency:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

It’s possible it is missing from your machine (you can check in window features)
related:

I recall this could be an add-in as well. Disable them all and see what comes up (or doesn’t).

Tried installing Visual C++ redistributable. It was already installed, so I uninstalled/reinstalled. Still no luck.

Ok opening up the console I’m seeing this possible error:

LibraryUI: The invocation of the constructor on type 'CefSharp.Wpf.ChromiumWebBrowser' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.

what version of the visual c++ redistributable do you have installed?

Apparently, I have quite a few:

hmm, can you verify you have .net runtime 4.5.2 installed?

usually the error you are seeing indicates this problem:

but it could be some other dependency…

Also, can you please remove all dynamo packages (also note your extra package paths etc) to start with a clean env so we can rule out other packages which might reference other versions of CEF.

I have confirmed that 4.5.2 is installed and also I have no packages installed.

Log can be found below

Dynamo log started 2018-07-02 18:12:31Z

Requesting version update info...
Dynamo -- Build 2.0.1.5055
Duplicate migration type registered for SunPathDirection
Dynamo will use the package manager server at : https://www.dynamopackages.com
DynamoPackageManager (id: FCABC211-D56B-4109-AF18-F434DFE48139) extension is added
Backup files timer is started with an interval of 60000 milliseconds
SYSTEM:Environment Path:C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2018\en-US;.;C:\DIVA\Radiance\bin_64\;C:\DIVA\Radiance\lib\;C:\DIVA\DaysimBinaries\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\iCLS\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\iCLS\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;.;C:\DIVA\Radiance\bin_64\;C:\DIVA\Radiance\lib\;C:\DIVA\DaysimBinaries\;C:\Users\cmalcolm\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Python27\;C:\cygwin64\bin\;C:\bin\;C:\Users\cmalcolm\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3;;C:\Users\cmalcolm\AppData\Local\now-cli;C:\Program Files\heroku\bin;C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2018;C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2018;C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2018\AddIns\SteelConnections;C:\Program Files\Dynamo\Dynamo Core\2\
RENDER : Rendering Tier: 2
RENDER : Pixel Shader 3 Supported: True
RENDER : Pixel Shader 4 Supported: False
RENDER : Software Effect Rendering Supported: True
RENDER : Maximum hardware texture size: 16384,16384
RENDER : Rendering Tier: 2
RENDER : Pixel Shader 3 Supported: True
RENDER : Pixel Shader 4 Supported: False
RENDER : Software Effect Rendering Supported: True
RENDER : Maximum hardware texture size: 16384,16384
DynamoManipulationExtension (id: 58B0496A-E3F8-43D9-86D2-94823D1D0F98) view extension is added
LibraryUI (id: 85941358-5525-4FF4-8D61-6CA831F122AB) view extension is added
NotificationsExtension (id: ef6cd025-514f-44cd-b6b1-69d9f5cce004) view extension is added
PackageManagerViewExtension (id: 100f5ec3-fde7-4205-80a7-c968b3a5a27b) view extension is added
Welcome to Dynamo!
00:00:00.4868183 elapsed for loading Dynamo main window.
LibraryUI: The invocation of the constructor on type 'CefSharp.Wpf.ChromiumWebBrowser' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.
WPF Render Mode: SoftwareOnly
Dynamo is up to date.
Clearing workspace...
Saving C:\Users\cmalcolm\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\backup\backup.DYN ...
Backup file is saved: C:\Users\cmalcolm\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\backup\backup.DYN