Dynamo Sandbox 2.0.2 and background 3D preview

Hi all,

A bit of a strange issue. When I use Dynamo 2.0.2 within Revit I can see all 3D geometry without an issue but when I use Dynamo 2.0.2 in sandbox mode I see nothing?

This problem happens for all Dynamo graphs but is causing Refinery an issue as no geometry is generated? Any ideas of advice?

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence

Could be a geometry working range issue. Do you have the global X, Y, and Z axis showing or is it just white? Can you draw a sphere in a new file?

Hi Jacob,

I have tried creating a point at 0,0,0 and dynamo Sandbox will not show the preview, but , this is all good if run in Revit. Dynamo%20sandbox%20console
I have attached the console window.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Sorry, forgot to mention that the global X,Y,Z axis are not showing either?

Dynamo%20sandbox%20console

These are the results when Dynamo is run up within Revit. Interesting as the Pixel Shader 4 support is also false so this probably is not the issue. I would guess its something to do with my graphics card. I am using a HP Z Book with an AMD Radion Card.

This indicates that you need to force Dynamo Sandbox and Refinery to leverage your desecrate graphics card. It’s switching between the high performance card and the integrated one, and the integrated one doesn’t have the power required.

To do this you need to update your card’s settings, something I haven’t done with an AMD card. Basic steps are below but you may need to contact AMD and/or your IT support.

1. The nvidea cards have a control panel application which is accessed by right clicking the desktop.
  2. Once you find and open this program you will need to go into the individual program settings.
  3. If Dynamo Sandbox and Refinery don’t show up in the list of programs then you will need to browse to the actual exe file’s and manually add them.
  4. Once added you want to enable the higher performance card and disable hardware switching. Exact terminology varies by driver and card.
1 Like

Thanks Jacob, I will give this a try and feed back my results.

Hi Jacob, A very late reply but I have found the issue. On the HP Z Book Laptop with an AMD card, you need to disable the in built card in the BIOS by pressing F10 on boot. I have now got a graphics preview in Dynamo sandbox but now have no colour in Refinery. Just open, wireframe graphics