Dynamo Player in 2023 keeps resetting my inputs

I’m trying to use the Dynamo player to run my scripts in Revit 2023, but as soon as I type a new input in, it automatically resets it to the original input. Am I missing a setting somewhere??

Hi @amandahuebner ,

Could you perhaps share a Video and the files you are using? It’s kinda hard to help you based on this information alone.

1 Like

Daan - it won’t let me share the video here yet because I’m too new to the forum. I’m hoping you can copy and paste this link to the file on my one drive. In the video you can see as soon as I try to start typing a new input it pauses and tries to put the original input in.

https://pierceengineers-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/ahuebner/EjogbPdA92JMklqPnbnr4OwB2JvVd0WD_DoRec2RZzMyPw?e=f3AdZJ

Hi Amanda,

I note the “file content change” status at the bottom of the Player window. It looks like Dynamo may be updating the graph as you are typing in the inputs?

As Daan says, we may need to see your graphs to help you better debug the situation. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Neal

QA for the team

I don’t think it is the script itself as I am having this problem with all scripts when I try to use the Dynamo Player in Revit 2023. I don’t have this issue with the Dynamo Players in Revit 2022 and older.

Thanks Amanda,

Do you know why the Player is showing a status of “File Content changed”? That should not happen from your graph above. Is it possible for you to do a remoting session to help us debug it?

Thanks,

Neal

Also, any chance these graphs are in a shared drive, where someone else could be editing them while you’re trying to run them?

They are in a shared drive, however, no one else is actually in them.

Doesn’t matter if no one person is in them. Infosec protocol/tools for the shared drive itself could be causing concurrent read access. Can you try and reproduce on the local disc?

Well that seems to be the issue! For those of you that have scripts that you want everyone in your company to have access to, they will have to copy these scripts to a local drive on their computer to use.

Have you ever used Autodesk Desktop connector which will sync you files to a local automatically from Autodesk Docs? (Similar to what One Drive, Dropbox etc will do).

Having the scripts in one drive was also causing the concurrent read access. Therefore I can’t store them there. I would assume Autodesk Docs will have the same issue.