Dynamo Package Manager Networking Admin Requirements

Hi guys,

I’m hoping somebody can point me in the direction since I havent been able to find the information by searching yet.

When my laptop is inside my company VPN/proxy settings I am unable to access the package manager to download or update packages. Once i disconnect from my VPN package manager becomes available again.

I am trying to find out the networking requirements, ports/url’s etc. that are required to be whitelisted in order for the package manager search to function properly, so that i can raise it with our IT team for consideration.

Are there any documents that anyone knows of listing this info?

@BrookePeterson I’ve asked the developers on the team for proper guidance, but can you try the following to start?

https://www.dynamopackages.com

This should be the app key for the DynamoPackages.dll.config file inside your C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2023\AddIns\DynamoForRevit as shown below.

Edit:

It’s a little tricky as there are so many things that could be causing problems here. Can you log in to Revit? Can you browse to https://dynamopackages.com on a web browser? Theoretically if you are already authenticated in Revit, you should only talk to dynamopackages.com on port 443 with standard TLS, so…

“Another thing to try is to whitelist TCP connections to dynamopackages.com:443” courtesy of Anna on our team.

what version of Dynamo is this?
What symptoms do you see?

Thank you Sol for the starting points to check

Michael, we currently Run Dynamo 2.16 for Revit 2023

and for files in Revit 2021 - Dynamo Version 2.6.2

Yes, we are able to login to Revit, although that is a different story that may end up being related - our network team is currently working on issues with connectivity to several autodesk URL’s required as per the available adsk licensing support tool.

We have long term (years) been unable to use the package manager while on our network, getting off the VPN and proxy solved the issue so we worked around it. (Didn’t complain because I figured it’s an Us problem not a you problem :smiley:

I’m trying to streamline things at the moment, hence the reach out to try and find out the relevant info for our IT team to work out the solution.

Edit:
Re: symptoms we see - When going to search package manager I just get a blank screen -varies a little - somtimes i get a constant spinning icon, sometimes i get plain blank screen, sometimes i get “Search returned no results”

I’ll try the suggestions and advise back if I have success or not. I don’t expect it to happen quickly as the IT team will want to digest the request and consider if we are allowed to make the propsed changes of course :wink:

1 Like