Dynamo keeps running without executing the graph

Hello everyone, I intended to create a generic model family based on filled region perimeter.
Eventhough Dynamo showed this warning @ the geometry node:

Warning: One or more geometries have failed to convert due to this error: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: ‘Revit.GeometryConversion.GeometryObjectConverter.Transform(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Geometry>, Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.CoordinateSystem)’ and ‘Revit.GeometryConversion.GeometryObjectConverter.Transform(Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Geometry, Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.CoordinateSystem)’

I was still able to extract the information out of the fill region and created a solid form from its information. I Wired the graph to create family. Dynamo kept running and never stop. I waited for 1 hour or more then and gave up, used Task Manager to close the program.

Can anyone help to see if my graph is wrong? Or please let me know me what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks!

family create.dyn (26.4 KB)

I think this graph better for you.

With place family

Thank you @robert12546358

Options1: worked great but did not place the family into Revit, it just imported the solid block without information. And i really want to have a generic model family then I can start assigned parameters for it.
Option2: follow your help, Dynamo finished to execute the graph but did not import the family in Revit. Attached.

Do you have any other advices ? Thanks for helping.

Hi @Qnguyen2688,

Try SpringNodes node “FamilyInstance.ByGeometry”. It works and you can assign parameters to it.

Try it this

1 Like

Thanks @robert12546358 for your help, it works hurrahhh! I just wish the node “Familytype.bygeometry” will place the family right @ the location of the fill regions.

But after trying to play with the graph to move Solid back and forth to match Filled Regions’ location. I got it.

My only question now is, in this code there are 3 selection options, but only 2 of them work, and the other doesnt. Do you know why?

Thanks everyone for your support

Can anyone help with why the polygon shows as round curve @ the corner but the solid created chamfered at the corner?