Dynamo in office layout not working properly

Hello.
This is my first time using your service.
I am not good at English and I think there are some unnatural parts because I am going through a translation application.

Sorry if you have similar questions.
I am trying to download data from this URL and run GenerativeDesign.

However, as you can see in the image, the amenity area does not fit in the room. Also, we have not been able to arrange the desks.

I would like to solve this problem. Thank you in advance for your help.

Environment used
Revti2023

Welcome to the forum @s.iwasaki!

If you aren’t very familiar with Dynamo, I recommend learning the basics on the Dynamo Primer first. Do each exercise, asking questions here if you get stuck. Even if something seems irrelevant (ie: laying out solar panels if your goal is to do office layout) do the full extent of the task, as the primer is designed to teach you tools used in the process, not specific outcomes.

For your current question, it appears there is an issue with the amenity creation node; not sure what or why due to the zoom state on your image. Perhaps someone else may know the issue, but for now can you get a snapshot showing the geometry of the amenity surface node?

Thank you for your kind attention.
I would very much like to study Dynamo on that site.

Sorry for attaching an image that is difficult to see.
Please check the image I have attached this time.
As you can see in this image, we think that the problem is that the desks are not arranged properly.

Thank you again. Please accept my best regards.

The issues apprear to start a bit before that too, we also need to see the warning message - can you hover over it and then take the screenshot?

Thank you for your help.
How about this image here?
It may be difficult to see due to the Japanese UI.

Once again, you have been very helpful.

Digging in on how to help - lots of blockers here.

Can you try the workflow in Revit 2021?

Thanks for the advice.
I think I was able to complete the same process in Revit 2021 without any problems.
Thank you very much.

Is it difficult to do this work in Revit2023?

Yes. It appears the nodes from the Refinery Toolkit are broken in 2023.

I understand, I am a little disappointed.
I learned a lot.
Thank you for staying with me to solve the problem until the end!
:slight_smile:

Note that I have informed the product team; not sure if they’ll be updating the toolkit anytime soon, but I can’t image they’ll leave it in a non-functional state.

Also, all of those nodes/methods can be rebuilt using out of the box nodes (perhaps even more efficiently and definitely more flexibly than the toolkit nodes). For example the define amenities node can be built by placing a program element with a known and pre-defined shape (ie: data from a spreadsheet to build a rectangle) on a coordinate system within the UV extents of the neighborhood. This will result in a design that isn’t the same as the Autodesk MARS office which this method is built to mimmic, but it would be similar in concept and more flexible for most uses.

Thanks all for looking into this, we will take a look at the Refinery Toolkit. Glad you at least got it working in 2021.

Here is a revised version of that sample file that contains a fresh build of the Refinery toolkit to work in Revit 2023.
https://github.com/DynamoDS/RefineryPrimer/releases/download/samples-v2/04-02-03_Office-layout.2023.zip

4 Likes

You’re a super star @john_pierson. Really appreciate the lift on this one.

@jacob.small @john_pierson @LilliSmith
Thank you all so much for helping me solve the problem.
I really appreciate it.

I downloaded and ran the program from the URL you uploaded.
But as you can see in the image, error? occurred and it did not work correctly.

The one I am using is

• Dynamo Core 2.16.1.2727
  • Dynamo Revit 2.16.1.6510

Did you replace your version of refinery toolkit with the package version included in the zip?

Thanks for the reply.
I understand about the need to replace the file.
But how do I replace the file?

If I simply delete the original package and paste the package you sent, I get an error.

Delete the old package.

Unzip it using 7 zip instead of the built in windows tool to ensure the files are unblocked.

Put the package back in place.

If you don’t have seven zip, you can right click on each files you have already extracted, open the properties, and select unblock. There is a good description on this along with some technical info on why this is happening here: Mark-of-the-Web (MOTW) Details

Thank you very much.
The program worked without any problems.
I appreciate your detailed explanation.

I have two more questions,

The first is that the amenity space goes through the wall of the room. I was able to place the desk thanks to your help, but the amenity space is not well placed. Is this an input value issue? Or are there other causes?

Second, the study is taking a long time to export. I assume this is largely due to performance issues with my computer, but are there other possible causes? For example, I have not been able to get the settings right when defining the studies.

Thank you again for your help.