Dynamo Geometry doenst export to Revit Family

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a sloped pipe from 2D model lines.

Creating the geometry in Dynamo is not the problem. The Problem occurs once exporting it to Revit Families, if I have no arcs in the model lines, it creates the geometry in Revit nicely. But as soon as I add some arcs, the geometry will not appear/Export to Revit. The Family is shown in the project browser, but is empty. The Model is correctly displayed in Dynamo (Sweeping path and Solids), looks like there is a problem with exporting???
Already tried using a Conceptual Mass as Family Template file, still same problem.
Just importing the geometry with the OOTB Node “ImportInstance.ByGeometry” would work, but we would like to have families and not Imported Symbols.

As for Revit I´m using Revit 2024 (first customer Ship).

modelLines.rvt (3.3 MB)
PipeByModelLines.dyn (215.1 KB)

Thanks for your help in advance.

1 Like

We can’t read your graph. Make sure it’s legible when you export it from Dynamo.

Sorry about that edited the post with a better Dynamo export.
Should be readable now.

Node titles still aren’t visible. The full graph will be exported automatically, you just need to make sure you’re zoomed in enough that all the text is showing.

Once again sorry :man_facepalming:,
edited it a second time now everything should be readable.

That node specifically states it takes solid geometry. I think you need to create the family as a solid first and then add curves afterwards.

Should just be receiving a solid geometry as the input is the result of the solid by union node.

The issue may be with the complexity of the sweep. Try using a different rft family template (an imperial rather than metric, or vice versa).

Curious as to why you aren’t making real pipes though… in place isn’t very useful by comparison.

1 Like

Sadly the same if I feed it just a Solid Geometry (tried input from the “Solid.Difference” Node) and with different Templates, maybe to complex geometry if I leave the curves out its working just fine…

To be honest didn´t find any nodes to create/ update real pipes when I started this script, but I´ll look into that. Just for my understanding you would create/ calculate the whole path and place real pipes along this path?

Goal would be to create/ import a path in 2D (best case would be imported Polyline from Civil 3D with Civil Connection) then use this path and calculate all off the Z-coordinates in Revit while simultaneously creating a 3D Modell.

I believe MEPover has a Pipe.ByCurve node if there isn’t one out of the box…

1 Like