Import geometry to Revit without losing Revit original data (walls, floors, levels, etc.)

Hello to everyone

Do I have to close Revit and open family template to export Dynamo generated geometry?

These are polycurves I extracted from walls created through Dynamo

This a screenshot of the original Revit file, where I have to locate the geometry.

Thanks a lot

1. If you are looking at smaller ‘fixture’ interventions which this appears to be, A FamilyType.ByGeometry or FamilyInstance.ByGeometry node will likely suffice.

2. You could use a Data.Remember node as a means to store the project data in the dyn file between project and family.

3. You could start in the family environment, use a background open method to get the rvt open in memory, then pull the geometry from the file, and record the data to the family.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. It worked well. I wish Dynamo could create ceilings directly, but, for now, it’s enough for me.

I do too, but sadly this is a restriction of the Revit API not of Dynamo. There is a Revit Ideas station post for this, which I think is worth following. The new Revit community manager will be reviewing all the posts shortly, and the efforts already underway in the current Revit roadmap may make this doable.