Dynamo Solid not correct in Revit

Hi all,

i made a pretty complex Dynamo Script which automatically creates pile foundations from construction site data. The Geometrie is correctly and created within Dynamo. However when I create the Family with the K-family insert node the geometry is not correct within Revit. I get the same Problem when I export a SAT file from Dynamo and open it with another CAD Software. I have attached Screenshots of the resulting geometries.

Has anyone experienced something similar and is able to help me?

Kind regards,
Geometry-Revitfamily

Nico

Hi, @nico.oerter!
Try to represent circle as two arcs before extrusion. Can you show good geometry before exporting to SAT also?

Geometry edge case resolution usually require the geometry creation process to resolve. Best to post your file or a small sample thereof.

Here is a Screenshot of the good Geometry:

Here is a Screenshot of the Dynamoskript responsible for the creation of the Geometry:

Are you trying to move just the cylinders into the SAT format, or the points and curves as well?

Just the cylinder, which is lofted from the two Profiles and the Guidecurve.

I can only guess, but perhaps obnoxiously large coordinates are at play.

Can you save the graph as a new file, wire the cylinder into a Data.Remember node, run the graph, delete everything other than the Data.Remember node, save the graph again, and post it here?

1 Like

I used large coordinates from the construction site files but they were all transformed into local coordinates, which are not too large.

Unfortunately I am a new user a new user and can not upload files to this forum. You can download the Dynamo File here: