Dynamo for Revit 2021 -- 3D Background Preview unavailable

Dear Community,

I am looking for a solution handling my issue with the greyed-out 3D background setting. I already considered following approaches:

• disable video acceleration settings
  • Nvidia control panel (not existing)
  • update current graphics driver
  • DirectX 12 is installed, I guess the version is not the problem since applications requiring DX11 usually run with DX12

My graphicscard:

• Intel UHD Graphics

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Mathias

please try installing directX 10:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Hello Michael,

I have installed all the libraries provided by the recommended tool. Unfortunately, this has not solved the problem. Is it required to uninstall my current directX 12 to make it work? Is the anything else I can do?

Best Regards,
Mathias

Hi @mathias.worm,
I had the same issue in my old laptop Hp Pavillion with an Intel integrated graphic engine. I uninstalled and installed directX several times and look for solutions but nothing worked. If you have a dedicated graphic engine, you may be able to set up from the drivers when this is used and occasionaly get it working. Could you share your computer specification?

Hello @jaialcan,

unfortunately, I still have not found a solution for this issue. The problem appears with my Dell Latitude5410 and the integrated graphics card is Intel UHD Graphics.

Best regards
Mathias

Hello,

I solved the problem by installing the latest driver package for the graphic engine and the older libraries of DirectX provided by @Michael_Kirschner2.

Thank you!

best regards
Mathias