Dynamo for Clash Detective in Revit

Hi guys, I’m new to dynamo… I have been trying to align the clash points to the Revit model but it is impossible (for me). I have tried a lot of things but I think it is beyond my poor understanding of the program. If anyone could help me or guide me, I would be more than grateful.

Hello,

Can you show us what the Excel sheet you’re inputting into the graph looks like?
Please explain how the Clash Points were created. Are they from a Navisworks clash?
Also, please describe what output you want in your model? Are you trying to place an Element at each of these clash points? Are you trying to create a 3D view at each clash?

Thanks!

1 Like

Try my package (Crumple). I have a node in there that converts real world coordinates to Revit coordinates by reading the project base point/survey point values such as rotation and N/E. It works under the assumption your coordination points match the coordinates in Revit (e.g. 0,0,0 in your coordination environment is 0,0,0 in your Revit model’s coordinates).

1 Like

@c.cerquera ,
share dyn and rvt files, so we can see how we can help.

1 Like

Hi guys. First of all, thanks for your support, I tried not to move in Navis the units and exporting the clash report once again, and surprisingly it did work !
ScottL, I was trying to replicate a video tutorial made for Gavin in his Youtube channel. I made some variations because I couldn’t find a node that was necessary to align the coordinates. The Revit models were modeled with shared coordinates (N/S: -89, E/W: 79, Z:429) and it was impossible for me to fix this in dynamo.
Gavin, it is amazing a reply for you, I have been following you for a couple of years, thank you so much for your support. I’m attending an online Dynamo course because my crush on this program.
Vladimir, I appreciate your help but the Revit models are not mine, and I cannot shared those kind of information.
Greetings from Colombia!

1 Like

Glad to meet a follower!

I’ve got a bit more time to post today so this is the specific node. Be aware that currently it uses manual unit correction, which by default is from feet to millimeters (*304.8). This is a lazy method, I hope to return to it in future to detect the units in both a way that pre-2022 and 2022+ versions can detect. There were changes in unit conversion due to forge API in 2022 that I’m working around with this hack currently.

1 Like