Difficulties in placing elements based on coordinates

Hi,
I tried to fetch clash points from Navisworks to use it to indicate them in Revit using Dynamo,

Excel clash points:

Dynamo Script:

Can you guys help me out to identify what went wrong in the script, coz I see the allthe family types are located far away

Snip:

Are you working with linked files ?
If so, you may need to use a coordinate system with transform.

@Alban_de_Chasteigner Excatly what node should I use to transform my coordinate system

Currently my survey point is set to zero and base point is set to some value.

Hi,

You can try the Convert Point in Coordinate Systems node to convert the coordinates.

Convert%20Point%20in%20Coordinate%20Systems

1 Like

@Alban_de_Chasteigner

Still get error?

I tried to get values from excel in meters, unit systems in revit is set to meters as well.

Can you show the previews under the nodes. You have null under the Point.ByCoordinates node.

try.dyn (37.7 KB)
New Microsoft Excel Worksheet.xlsx (9.7 KB)

It is working for me.

Note that the name of your worksheet is Ark1 and not Sheet1.
WorkSheetName

1 Like

When trying with base point

Thanks Now i could get values, but I need all my elements close to project as all my model elements refer project base point.

Can you send a sample file with your project base point, the building footprint and your clash point family ?

1 Like

Mailed you a sample file.

clash point family is basically a sphere.

Not sure if the points should be rotated.

try2.dyn (144.8 KB)

1 Like

Dear @Alban_de_Chasteigner it works perfect, can you explain me why we need to subtract the base point from the excel values ?

The instances are placed relative to the origin of the base point of the project and not with respect to coordinates whose origin is the survey point.
Subtraction calculates points whose coordinate system is the project base point.

1 Like

@Alban_de_Chasteigner thanks for your time in helping me understand the the problem. Looking forward to learn from you more :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Alban_de_Chasteigner I think I need to rotate it by 6.2 degrees clockwise, it seems I doesnt with with other models, You are right, what should be the node that i use to rotate ?

The Geometry.Rotate node can rotate yours points.