Dynamo crashing Revit 2020 on exiting

I’m having issues with opening Dynamo in Revit 2020 where I get a long delay in opening Dynamo, followed by a crash when I close the (non-functional) application. When Dynamo starts, the usual splash screen displays a reduced version of the normal list of recent files etc. and when I open a script I get an error warning, followed by a non-functional script. Finally, closing Dynamo causes Revit to crash. Restarting Revit normally solves the problem. I’ll see if I can capture the errors next time - anyone else experiencing this at the moment?

Current Dynamo builds are 2.3.0.5885 and 2.3.0.8352

Sounds like an add-in conflict. Please perform the following and post the files requested.

1. Restart your CPU.
  2. Launch a new session of Revit.
  3. Start a new empty file.
  4. Launch Dynamo for Revit.
  5. Open a graph.
  6. Close Dynamo for Revit and let it crash.
  7. Then collect the most recent Revit journal from C:\Users*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2019\Journals (just the journal.***.txt file) and the most recent Dynamo log from C:\Users*USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.0\Logs (just the dynamoLog_XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX.txt).

Post the log and the journal here. Watch the file’s modified times to be sure you go the most recently created on each.

Hi Jacob, I’ve attached the log files as requested plus a few more screen grabs of the splash screen and graph error. The Revit Journal file was too big to upload (warning came up saying it exceeded the file size limit) so I zipped it and was then told .zip file extensions are not allowed so I added a .txt file extension to the back of the .zip extension - sorry for any confusion here. Also FYI, the Dynamo log is from Dynamo Revit\2.3\Logs.

Thanks for the prompt response,
Chris.

dynamoLog_1da0e863-b94b-4119-9acb-5056b3f28659.txt (18.0 KB) journal.0237.zip.txt (1.2 MB)

Dynamo graph error

Seems there may be a theme.

1 Like

Try removing your packages from the packages folder and rebuilding. The first conflict I see here is Rhythm which likely means you’re using too old or too new of the package version for your Revit build, or that you have an out of date add-in installed.

find out what is causing that avalon dock error.

FYI here:

Yes, exact same problem here

Have you solved the problem? I got the same issue.

Make sure your Revit is completely up to date with all patches and updates applied. Then make sure that all Revit add-ins are also up to date.

If the issue persists remove all Dynamo packages and see if that resolves it. If so add back 1/2 of the list of packages at a time until until you ID which package is the culprit.

If the issue persists (with all Revit add-ins disabled and all packages removed), please reach out to Autodesk support via the accounts portal so my colleagues in that side of the organization can do a deeper dive. Be sure to attach a Revit Journal and Dynamo log file from the crashed session with everything disabled.