REVIT Instantly crashes when opening Dynamo

Hello. I am hoping someone can point me in right direction on how to fix my issue. When opening Dynamo in REVIT 2021 or 2022 it was instantly causes REVIT to crash. No warning or message after crashing either. Has anyone experienced this or know of a way to fix? All my Autodesk updates have been installed just as a side note. Dynamo works completely fine in REVIT 2019, 2020 and 2023 as well causing no issues, it is only those 2 versions.

1 Like

Any solution on this?
i recently installed the Revit 2021.1.8 update but still Revit Crashes when opening dynamo.

1. Close Revit and restart your CPU.
  2. Disable all Revit add-ins
  3. Rename the DynamoSetttings.xml and packages directory found in %appdata%/dynamo/Dynamo Revit/2.xx/ where xx is the Dynamo build you’re currently using (ie: udpated Revit 2022 would be 2.16). This will prevent any customizations to your package paths and any pre-loaded packages to not load.
  4. Launch Revit, and start a blank project from no template (select none in the drop down), and set the units to imperial
  5. Launch Dynamo and open your graph.

If the issue persists check your Revit journal for add-ins which weren’t disabled (search for vendor; only Autodesk, adsk, or some variation thereof should be present). If nothing was missed post the .dyn, your dynamo log file, and your Revit journal.

1 Like

Hello,

I tried the above steps. I don’t have a specific .dyn file that I’m concerned with. It’s just that I’m having the same issue w/ a slow open. See the Dynamo log and Revit Journal attached.

journal.0004.txt (166.7 KB)
dynamoLog_f325166b-fb53-42c9-b85d-29169cd4d474.txt (53.8 KB)

There is a boatload of conflicts here.

Disable the additional Revit addins which don’t come out of the box with a brand new install. Including stuff like twin motion.

Next rename your Dynamo packages directory so that no packages are loading. Next try to restart and see how that works.

If fast try re-enabling your add-ins, restarting Revit and see how it works. If still good try installing packages again using a binary search method until you find the slowdown.

I ended up disabling custom and built-in packages within Dynamo and that worked. I had only created one .dyn file and it needed the biomorph package so I kept that and deleted all others. Dynamo loads quickly now.

See the thread at the following link for more details: