Dynamo alters direct input at will?!

How is the string changing? It is directly linked in the schedule creation node. There should be NO possibility for it to alter. This is freshly started revit, fresh dynamo and this is the first time running the script since revit boot.

EDIT:
Dynamo log:
dynamoLog_f4cc5d23-745d-43c2-b613-5817b056b078.txt (32.2 KB)

Can’t reproduce the issue without the graph in question… Please post a Revit template (or start from no template to reproduce) and the dyn to recreate the bug as an issue on the Dynamo for Revit github here: Issues · DynamoDS/Dynamo · GitHub

This is one of a kind bug. I have run this graph dozens of times before with no issue, I had only 4 strings that changed unpredictably. I opted for manual work on this section but I’ll be sure to report if it happens again.

Different project, different graph. Once again similar stuff:

Switches at that exact substring length.
The input and schedule creator are separated by PASSTHROUGH node but nothing else as before

Hate to repost this, but we can’t really help without files to reproduce.

Are you running these repeatedly in the same session? If so see if you get better results with Dynamo Player.

2)SCHEDULE master V4.2.3.dyn (618.5 KB)
Here’s the graph. If you also require the project I will send it privately since I am not sure I am allowed to share projects publicly.

The graph seams to retain memory of previous execution. The revit has been closed, computer rebooted entirely, yet when I open the program and run it for the first time after restart in this step it displays PRE-RESTART RUN DATA in schedule creator node despite it being fed different data. I have no idea how it’s possible.

Here’s the location of this part in the graph:

1 Like

There is a possibility from what you are describing that element binding could be your issue.
Jacobs post below re: this.

There are methods on the forums for removing element binding, the easiest being, copy your whole graph and paste it into a blank document. Save it before you run it and don’t save it after that.

Graph is too complex for me to work out a resolution in a short timespan so you’re going to have to submit an issue to the github in order to get direct developer insights, or submit a ticke to autodesk support via the accounts portal at manage.autodesk.com. Include the .dyn and .rvt to run it on, as well as the journal from the Revit session and your Dynamo log file.

Possible causes are element binding (but I can’t see where/why, thoughs ome of the packages you’re using I’ve never even heard of), VM corruption, or a memory leak.

1 Like

I found that deleting that node and replacing it works. For one run - then I have to redo the same thing

Unfortunately it seams that education edition is not getting any support options from autodesk.

If you’re doing projects which you aren’t sure you can share publicly it’s likely for a non-educational purpose, and so it may be that you should no longer be using an educational license.

That said, educational licenses can also submit support tickets last I checked, and if not please raise an issue on an Autodesk forum. Posting to the GitHub also works, and circumvents the support wing of autodesk so no concerns with accessing the correct log-in; however that doesn’t ensure a response as support does.

This is university accepted internship. I work with full license on the clock and then go home and use my own educational license to learn to do a proper graph and solve some issues I couldn’t. I work with full license but I don’t have access to it’s login information. The education license is for learning and not a part of my job.

1 Like