📢 Dynamo 2.13 - Revit 2023 Set Parameter Issue(s) - Hotfix Out Now

Hey everyone!

Since Revit 2023 came out there have been quite a few issues with the SetParameterByName node due to API changes.

It looks like the hotfix is out and it is working as expected now! (see below)
20220805-2023Hotfix

Download

The download can be found in your manage.autodesk.com account and I highly recommend everyone get it installed ASAP if you are using 2023.

Release Notes:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2023/ENU/?guid=RevitReleaseNotes_2023updates_2023_0_2_html

Relevant Posts

14 Likes

Noticed this in the release notes, and was happy to see it!

1 Like

Bummer on this one, but it seems there might still be an issue. Which is odd as it’s not what I saw after I ran the update. :disappointed:

The Element.SetParameterByName Code Block dosn’t work in my case also.
I’ve installed the latest Revit 2023.0.2…

@john_pierson its still not working for me… Laterst verions installed.

Hi All

I am contemplating installing the hotfix.
Does anyone know of any API changes that might break my scripts?
What is your experience using the update?
Thanks!

1 Like

Personally haven’t seen any issues with Dynamo.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll just take the leap and see.

So, I wanted to come back and update this thread and say… It appears that Revit 2023.1 (2023.1.1) has fixed this issue (finally).

Hoping everyone can get this fix this time around.

Side Note: This is a prime example of why having Dynamo included in Revit (with no ability to update), is actually causing more problems. Unless you replaced DLLs as recommended in another post, you would have been stuck with the MeasurableSpec bugs since Revit 2023’s initial release. :hushed:

4 Likes

Hello, by installing this one the version of dynamo went from 2.13 to 2.16.1
for information

delighted to finally be able to pin the notes on the nodes (see your video on blog)

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

I am unable to Update Lol. Ran it twice now

Contact my colleagues in support via the accounts portal at manage.autodesk.com.

1 Like