Dynamo 1.x and 2.x won't work on my Revit 2019

Hello everyone,

For some reason my Dynamo 1.3.4. keeps crashing everytime I run a script (even very simple ones) on student version Revit 2019 (which I installed a month ago). It doesn’t crash on student version Revit 2018, so I use the 2018 version to make scripts. So I came to the conclusion to install Dynamo 2.0.3. yesterday, because I want to go along with the changes with Dynamo and thought that that would solve my problem… but it didn’t when I tried it, like the 1.3.4. version. So this means that everytime I run a script in 2019, no matter which version of Dynamo, it crashes. It says ‘Run started’ but it doesn’t stop and I can’t see anything showing up (even with very, very basic script like placing points). Does anyone have an idea how I can solve this problem?

Example with Dynamo 2.0.3:

Thanks in advance.

Edit: the shortkeys CTRL + C, V and DEL won’t also work for some reason.

I saw this Hotfix update at the Updates & Add-ons section on the Autodesk website… I don’t even know if it’s possible to download this for the student version (cause my version is just 2019.0 I think), but does this have something to do with my problem as I described above?

Yes you need some updates to Revit as a first step.

1 Like