Duplicate multiple sheets

Work has a “duplicate multiple sheets” script which up until R23 has worked beautifully.

The Bimorph node was used.

However, in R23 this node seems to loop and loop through Revit and takes about 10 minutes to execute!

I’ve switched it for this one:

Which works quickly but stops working if the sheets I want to duplicate have the same legend on. It creates a new version of the legend instead of placing a copy of the existing legend on the new sheet.

Any ideas how can I get round this without recreating the entire node myself?

Replace the duplicate legend with the original and then delete the duplicate.

I’m trying to avoid manual processes.

Also if sheets 1,2 and 3 have the same legend on, once sheet 1 is copied and legend becomes “user.name.legend” it won’t copy that legend again… And only copies sheet 1, not sheets 2 and 3.

Nothing there was intended as a manual process. :slight_smile:

1. Duplicate the sheet using the OOTB nodes
  2. Get the legend views on the duplicated sheets and delete them
  3. Find the original sheet
  4. Pull their legends
  5. Create a duplicate of the legend on the associated duplicate sheet

2 - 5 is manual?

The Bimorph node does that bit for you (but is painfully, painfully slow now for some reason).

Also the fact it’s copying the legend on sheet #1 means there is a copy with that name so it can’t repeat the process for sheet #2 if that sheet has the same legend… So it can only copy 1 sheet at once (if they share a legend)… Which is pointless.

Nope. Same graph. The result of the Sheet.Duplicate should be a sheet element if memory serves. From there youc an pull the views, filter out any legends, delete… add back the legends found on the original…etc…

ooohh… you’re saying put that in the code. :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming:

Nothing to see here… move along :rofl: :person_facepalming:

1 Like